The heck I should!
You’ve seen those lists before too, right?
“100 things to do before you die, 25 exercises you should try today, the top-50 places to visit on your next long weekend, etc etc…”
Now, they can be motivating can’t they? If you’re at all like me you see those lists and your think “hot dang, I’m gonna do that NEXT year! Yeah, that’s going to be great!” Shiny objects or not, I’m.All.Over.That. Next year. (haha)
You know what I dislike most about those lists? I’ll tell you, it is that they are so appealing. I know I can’t hit the whole list any time soon, but I just can’t take a look and not google/wiki/map/research all of them anywaysss. You think DOING all of those things takes time? Try researching them. THAT takes time.
With all these things that seem to be demands on our time, we need to realize:
1) they are not demands, only suggestions – really nice suggestions – so don’t feel negative pressure.
2) they are someone else’s ideas – not yours – so keep in mind they may be wrong.
3) there are actually a million and one things to do – no such thing as a top-10, 50, or 100 – so feel free to write your own list.
Here are a few interesting list in the meantime:
- Top 10 things to do in 2012 (They say it’s ever too late lol)
- 22 Unbelievable places (Have to admit this is more than pretty cool)
- 35 Books you must read (Happy to report I’ve read 12 of them)
- Top Crossfit workout (I believe my score last year was 421)
Send me your lists!!